MTech TRC LS 1823
Engineering and Technical, IT and Telecommunications, Medical, Pharmaceutical / Scientific
£18,000 to £23,000 Per Annum
Recruitment Consultant - Trainee - Global Market Leader for Medical Technology recruitment - Leeds.
The company is a highly-regarded international Recruitment Consultancy. They are a key partner for companies looking to recruit the best talent within the rapidly expanding Medical Technology sector. They have offices across the globe (e.g. UK, Dublin, Switzerland, Berlin, San Diego, Tokyo, Sydney) and recruit for technical / engineering / software skills for clients including technology companies, clinical research organisations, educational establishments, health services, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life sciences companies. The candidates they place are shaping the future in medical technology developing applications including diagnostic / analytics devices, health apps for mobile, surgical implants, and scanning technology.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career in recruitment working in a successful team for a global market leader in the heart of Leeds. They provide brilliant training for Trainee Recruitment Consultants and have awards including 'Best Places to Work', The Guardian Top 100 Employers, Top Employers for Women, Recruiter Hot 100, 'Britain's Top Employers', 'Best Recruitment company to Work For', and Investors in People.
What's on offer
- Trainee Recruitment Consultant starting salary in the range £18,000 to £23,000 dependent on experience.
- Subsequent salary rises at 6 and 12 month service.
- Uncapped commission from day one - realistic to be doubling you basic salary with commission by the end of your first year (many new starters exceed this); £40,000-£80,000 in year two is typical with top Recruitment Consultants hitting six figures.
- Flexible benefits package including Car / Travel allowance (though driving licence is not required to apply for this predominantly office-based job), heathcare, "gym pass" proving you with access to over 2000 gyms in the UK, pension and share scheme.
- Programme of incentives - race days, team and individual all expenses paid holiday incentives (e.g. Las Vegas, Monte Carlo), fine dining experiences, spa days and "red letter" days.
- Structured Career Management - tailored personal development to allow you fulfil your career potential whether that is as a "Top Biller", a Manager, Director or the next MD.
- Flexitime - Flexible working pattern / remote working available after 18 months service.
- Mentoring scheme.
- Once you have two years service you choose to transfer internationally to any of their locations in Europe, USA, Far East and Australia.
- Once you progress into management (typically within 3 or 4 years) your career will take on an international dimension and you'll be attending management meetings, conferences and events across the global office network.
- Graduate calibre with at least 6 months experience in any kind of sales or target-driven role.
- You will be hard-working, focused on your career and committed to making a long-term career in the recruitment industry.
- You will be resilient and prepared to work outside of the normal "9 to 5" as required to speak to your candidates.
- You do not need to bring any medical technical knowledge. However, having a curious nature along with any interest in all things tech won't hurt!
Your role as a trainee recruitment consultant
Following your training period the role and responsibilities include:
- Gaining a great knowledge of the global medical technology sector - you'll quickly start to specialise in placing candidates with a specifc skill-set.
- Generating candidates by posting job advertisements, database / internet searches, candidate meetings, social media / LinkedIn and networking.
- Understanding your candidate's career requirements and presenting them with opportunities within your client companies / organisations.
- Managing client relationships, meeting clients, managing the recruitment process by taking job requirements, arranging interviews / preparing candidates for interview, negotiating salaries and making placements.
- The training you receive will mean that you will not just be a recruitment consultant filling a job. You'll become an industry expert, able to bring valuable market insight to your clients and candidates. You'll become a trusted partner to your customers resulting in a high level of repeat business.
Contact: Sean Curran
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply today!
This Trainee Recruitment Consultant vacancy is being handled by Conrad Scott Ltd. Conrad Scott Ltd is a recruitment agency specialising in placing sales executives, trainees and experienced recruitment professionals into the recruitment, search and selection industry. Conrad Scott acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales as Conrad Scott Ltd, registered no 7537737.